Boat Launches Open
Our boat launches are open Memorial Day through Labor Day. You may launch boats during park hours, from sunrise to sunset. Passes for Hartford launches may be purchased from any of our rangers.
East Hartford Boat Launch Fees, Great River Park:
- Single-day fee: $20, season permit must be obtained at the town of East Hartford’s Parks & Recreation office.
- Season permits may be purchased over the phone by calling 860-291-7160 or by mailing in a registration form. The form can be found on the Town of East Hartford’s website.
Hartford Boat Launch Fees, Charter Oak Landing & Riverside Park:
- Residents: single-day fee: $10; season fee: $100
- Non-residents: single-day fee $20; season fee: $200
- Permits are issued based on the location where the boat is registered. MDC-serviced towns pay the resident rate, which applies to Bloomfield, East Hartford, Hartford, Newington, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield, West Hartford, and Windsor.
- Permits must be paid for using cash.
- Checks are not accepted. Coins are not accepted.
- Bills larger than $20 are not accepted unless they are being used as exact payment for a season pass.
Rules & Important Information:
- Please be aware that a no wake zone extends from the Charter Oak Landing jetty to the train trestle north of Riverside Park’s Boathouse
- Overnight docking is not permitted
- The launches in Great River Park & Riverside Park are handicap-accesible
- Season passes must be affixed to the boat or the boat trailer
- All launches are subject to safety inspection by our rangers