Park Rules & Regulations
Visiting our parks? Please abide by the following rules to ensure that all park visitors can use and enjoy the parks safely.
- Our parks are open from sunrise to sunset. Parks close and gates lock nightly at sunset.
- No personal grills are permitted in the parks. Grilling is allowed on the grills installed in Charter Oak Landing, Great River Park, and Riverside Park.
- No tents or canopies are allowed in the parks.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages with the exception of at permitted events is prohibited within the park system.
- Vehicles and boat trailers must abide by all parking and launch area regulations. Vehicles should park only in designated areas.
- Overnight and commuter parking is prohibited.
- Commercial vehicle parking is prohibited.
- Swimming is prohibited at any dock or boat launch area and discouraged in any area of the park system due to strong currents.
- All state of Connecticut boating and personal watercraft regulations must be adhered to.
- Bicyclists must yield to pedestrians on all paths and walkways and observe restricted use areas.
- The operation of unauthorized motorized vehicles is prohibited on any path or walkway.
- Repairing and washing vehicles is prohibited.
- Plantings and landscaped areas should not be disturbed.
- The use of any recreation device or generator or the like is prohibited without prior approval and insurance certificate.
For more information contact our Director of Public Safety at 860-713-3131 ext 325.