Great River Park
301 East River Drive, East Hartford, CT
Great River Park features a 350-seat amphitheater, public boat launch, and pedestrian access to the Charter Oak, Founders, and Bulkeley Bridges. Great River Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Please read the park rules before visiting.
- Boat launch
- Picnic tables
- Charcoal grills: These are the only grills allowed to be used in the parks – no personal grills are allowed.
- Performance facilities
- Fishing access
- Sculpture installations
- Paved and lighted walkways
- Fitness Station
- Drinking fountain
Great River Park is served by CTtransit (Route 87).
- Driving from points North: Take I-91 South to exit 30, merging onto I-84 East. Take exit 53. Keep right. Park entrance is on right.
- Driving from points South: Take I-91 North. Take exit 29 to merge onto CT-15 North. Take exit 90, merging onto CT-2 West. Take East River Drive exit (Exit 4). Turn left onto East River Drive extension. Park entrance is on left.
- Driving from points East: Take I-84 West to exit 57. Continue onto CT-15 South. Take East River Drive exit (Exit 90). Turn left onto East River Drive Extension. Park entrance is on left.
- Driving from points West: Take I-84 East to exit 53. Keep right, then turn right onto East River Drive. Park entrance is on right.
Parking is available in the Great River Park parking lot.