Our youth rowing program blends urban and suburban participants who practice and race together, giving both groups the opportunity to learn from one another in our own version of a magnet school for rowers.
Past rowers have earned rowing scholarships to college, participated on US Junior National Development Teams, and earned invitations to the prestigious USRowing Youth Nationals.
Current program offerings are listed below, all Riverfront Rowing youth programs are free to residents of Hartford & East Hartford.
September 5 – November 4
- Tuesday, September 5, 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Parent/child informational meeting at the Boathouse
- Wednesday, September 6: Practice begins, 3:45 – 5:45 pm, then runs Monday through Friday
- Wednesday, November 1, 6 – 8:30 pm: Youth Banquet, Boathouse
- Saturday, November 4: Run for the Riverfront 5K Fundraiser, Riverside Park
- Saturday, September 16: CRI Fall Classic Regatta, Boston, MA (varsity only)
- Sunday, October 1: Head of the Riverfront Regatta, Hartford, CT
- Saturday, October 7: Head of the Housatonic Regatta, Shelton, CT (varsity only)
- Sunday, October 22: Head of the Charles Regatta, Cambridge, MA (select crews only)
- Sunday, October 29: Head of the Fish Regatta, Saratoga, NY
Questions? Contact Jonathan Near at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All rowing programs are operated out of the Riverfront Boathouse in Riverside Park, 20 Leibert Road, Hartford, CT.
Support Riverfront Rowing.
Make a donation to the equipment fund or the Stewards Fund today.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive rowing program updates.